November 9, 2007

I choose... Silence...


When I look for silence,
I find silence
Inside my soul.

When I look for my soul,
I find my soul
Inside my silence.

My silence bridges the gulf between my life's success and my life's failure.
My silence does not magnify my defects.
Nor does it connive at them.

My silence transforms my defects into strength indomitable.
My silence is a climbing flame that warms my world of despair.
My silence is my inner light.
No problem of mine can defy solution.
My silence is a selfless distributor of joy to ever-widening horizons.
In my silence I become a man of sterling character, a prolific writer, a voracious reader, a divine lover, a profound inspirer and a triumphant liberator.
In my deep silence I never become a victim to ignorance,
the greatest calamity that can befall any human being. In my growing silence,
I am convinced that even as a man on this earth I shall be able to reach heights, transcendental, divine.
My glowing silence alone can accelerate my Godward march.

(Words by Sri Chinmoy)

No comments: