March 8, 2008

Defeated..


"Defeated"... Yes, we have been defeated.. In the last10 months, I didnt even let this word cross my mind coz I had full conviction and absolute faith in the cause we were fighting for. The faith still stands strong & unfazed. But the bottomline is a battle cannot be fought only on the basis of thought & spirit.


It isnt an easy task to fight for justice in any realm of life and this fact wasnt unknown to us. We let the overwhelming spirit of truth & righteousness prevail and decided to take the plunge. We chose to fight the demons with every ounce of strength and courage in our body and soul. Can't really say about my fellow beings but me & my family are a part of this mission coz we owe it to that one man who gave us everything - a reason to live... the judgement of right and wrong... ability to take decisions... the awareness of our real purpose...the meaning of life... the light of faith... the path to spirituality & bliss... bountiful blessings & enormous love...

We fought for 'him' and for 'ourselves'... its one and the same thing...coz the invisible lines that separate us were getting blurred with time.

It was never the will or the spirit to battle it out that was lacking... it was those seemingly unimportant peripheral areas that brought about the doom. Sadly, truth doesnt find many takers. We have made it a basic human tendency to turn a blind eye to all the wrongs happening around us.. Worse, people willingly join the evil brigade, lured by momentary gains.. After all, its a commercial society that we live in... everything has a price tag attached to it... I personally know hordes of people who put themselves on sale and eventually stood on the other side of the line. It is the human and non-human resources that fell short of... Turned every stone to win every form of support... And not to forget, the corrupt politicians & the rotten judicial system hit the final nail in the coffin.. Here we stand today, just a handful of people... demoralized, shattered, heartbroken...


As I am writing this, my words keep oscillating between the past & the present tense... Somewhere, deep down I am struggling to accept the facts in front of my eyes... and of course, the ray of hope hasn't extinguished yet... have to keep that alive somehow..

Not letting the tears drop out of my eyes... a weak moment is the last thing I want... let the pain prick me every second... do not want this defeat to get erased out of my memory... rest, I leave upto you Lord...Amen!!

2 comments:

Keshi said...

omg wut a beautiful post! SO WELL SAID.



**And not to forget, the corrupt politicians & the rotten judicial system hit the final nail in the coffin

I so agree. There's absolutely no chance of WINNING with THAT! It's appalling.


Keshi.

Solitaire said...

To cry is not to be weak. To cry is to be strong. To be able to show your emotions and yet not have them control you. To cry is to let them out so that they don't weigh you down and you feel lighter and move towards the hopeful future faster. So cry your heart out today. Tomorrow is another day.