March 19, 2008

Untitled..

Salaam Namaste - T...

Heard this song after quite some time today... surprisingly i felt my eyes moisten and voila!! those drops quietly fell on my cheeks one by one... I dont know why it happened...

The music evoked a strange, vaccous feeling... as if m surrounded by a zone of emptiness all around... Within few moments, the space got filled with certain memories, the ones I had gotten riddance of.. atleast that is what I thought.. and gradually, plenty of other thoughts took over..

There wasnt any sort of direct connect of the song to what I went through or what I have been going through.. it just made me feel lonely.. I longed for someone to say these words to me.. to comfort me, make me feel protected & loved, to hold me tightly in his arms & say that everything is going to be just fine...

It wasn't about feeling weak or incapable of handling the situations & struggles in my life. It wasn't even about looking out for someone to sympathise or empathise with me. I am proud of the fact that I have developed the strength & patience to manage myself and my life very well. It was just like a rare moment of 'craving'... I wish it was one of those conventional desires for an ice-cream or a chocolate or anything for that matter which I could have satisfied somehow.. it is the thirst for so-called genuine & meaningful wants which can't be quenched so easily. But it was just what my soul ordered for today... I simply shrugged my shoulders, wiped my tears and got back to work.. the longing remains...

2 comments:

Keshi said...

very honest post hun.


**I longed for someone to say these words to me..

I hv often felty like that...but now I hv sorta given up on expecting that...


HUGS!
Keshi.

Solitaire said...

Music does have the power to stir emotions even in the stone-hearted toh hum kya cheez hai!